For more information about Rescue Plumbing and the plumbing services we provide in the Perry area, contact us today at (478) 787-7233 for a free, no-obligation quote. We are happy to answer your questions and provide more details.
Or Contact Us!
Water Heaters in Macon
Water Heater Repair and Replacement in Macon
Warm running water is one of the luxuries of modern life that’s difficult to live without. From showering to washing the dishes to washing the clothes, you need warm water for hygiene as well as basic comfort. The last thing you need is to lose your warm water.
So, what’s the key to keeping the warm water running? Two things:
- Make sure your water heater is regularly maintained and serviced by a professional plumber and water heater technician.
- Make sure you replace your water heater before it has a chance to break down.
Although you might not be able to diagnose a problem with your water heater, it’s important to know which signs indicate that a possible failure is coming. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of four signs that it’s probably time to replace your water heater.
Four Signs it’s Probably Time to Replace Your Water Heater
- Your Water Heater is Old Even if your water heater appears to be running smoothly, it might have hidden problems with it. Water heaters usually last between 8-10 years. Once they pass their prime, they may degrade quickly. You might suddenly hear loud noises coming from your water heater. Or there might be a bit of leaking water. Or your water heater might not heat your water anymore. If your water heater is experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s time to replace it. Just give Rescue Plumbing a call and we’ll swap it out for a new and improved model!
- Rusty Water What color is your tap water? If you’re noticing any rusty color in your tap water, you may have a problem with your water heater. Even water heaters that are eight years old can sometimes develop rust in their tanks. There could also be a problem with the pressure release valve on the water heater. This is a sure sign that’s time to replace your water heater. The one caveat to this is that rusty tap water could be due to rusty pipes. In this case, your cold water may be showing rust as well. The best thing to do is to call a certified plumber like Rescue Plumbing in Macon.
- Noises Coming From Within
No, it’s not a monster. Unless you consider a pressurized, hot, and potential volatile machine to be a monster. Which many people would. But there’s a simple reason: water heaters always make some noise when they heat up, but with age, those noises can become louder, more noticeable and, frankly, scary.
Part of a regular maintenance program is ensuring that silt and other sediment doesn’t build up in your tank. Our technicians and professional plumbers can help you flush your tank, making it as quiet as it was on day one.
- Water Leaks This one seems kind of obvious. If you see water accumulating around the base of your water heater, it probably didn’t get there on its own. In most cases, it’s not possible to fix a leaky water tank. The best thing to do, as always, is to call Macon’s best emergency plumber: Rescue Plumbing. Our experts will assess your water heater and either repair it or replace it as needed.